Skip to main content

MOSS 2007 versions

Here is a list of MOSS patches, corresponding versions, and release month and year:

Office SharePoint Server 2007 : 12.0.4518.1016

October public update (2007) : 12.0.6036.5000

Service Pack 1 : 12.0.6219.1000

Post Service Pack 1 rollup : 12.0.6300.5000

Infrastructure Update (IU) : 12.0.6320.5000 (July 2008)

August Cumulative Update : 12.0.6327.5000

October Cumulative Update : 12.0.6331.5000 (October 2008)

December Cumulative Update : 12.0.6335.5000 (December 2008)

February Cumulative Update : 12.0.6341.5002 (February 2009)

Service Pack 2 : 12.0.6420.1000 (April 2009)

April Cumulative Update : 12.0.6504.5000 (April 2009)

June Cumulative Update : 12.0.6507.5000 (July 2009)

August Cumulative Update : 12.0.6514.5002 (September 2009)

October Cumulative Update : 12.0.6520.5000 (October 2009)

December Cumulative Update : 12.0.6524.5001 (December 2009)

February Cumulative Update : 12.0.6529.5000 (February 2010)

April Cumulative Update : 12.0.6535.5000 (April 2010)

June Cumulative Update : 12.0.6539.5000 (June 2010)

August Cumulative Update : 12.0.6545.5001 (August 2010)

For updated information, please refer:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/sharepointserver/bb735839.aspx

Here is the recommended installation sequence of updates:

1. Latest available Service Pack for WSS 3.0
2. Latest available Service Pack for MOSS 2007
3. Latest available CU (Cumulative Update) for WSS 3.0
4. Latest available CU (Cumulative Update) for MOSS 2007

In a farm the updates can be applied on the SharePoint servers in the above sequence and PS Config wizard needs to be run on every SharePoint server in the farm.

More information on deploying software updates for SharePoint Server 2007 may be found here:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263467%28office.12%29.aspx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SharePoint Designer Workflow Failed to Start - Cancelled by System Account

I was working on a List workflow the other day in SharePoint Designer 2010. This list already had a workflow which was working perfectly fine and I needed another manual workflow in it. No matter what I tried the workflow would fail and would log a message in the history list that Workflow failed to start and it was cancelled by System Account . I observed that the same happened with new workflows in that list, new workflows in other lists and I even tried creating new subsites and workflows were behaving the same way. I googled for a while and there were many suggestions to clear SPD cache which did not help me. I played with SPD 2010 for a while and observed that the workflow xml and xoml files were checked out. I read in some blogs that this could cause this issue as well. I tried to check those files in but then I was greeted with a new error! " Cannot perform this operation. The file is no longer checked out or has been deleted ." I had no clue what was happening...

Difference between the architectures of SSPs and SharePoint Service Application

SharePoint 2010 has some new features and components, which help to overcome difficulties such as redundancy and service-sharing that we faced while using SharePoint 2007.  Services in MOSS 2007 were implemented with the help of Shared Service Providers or SSPs. But we cannot use the services of one SSP for another SSP. So each SSP has to have its own set of services and applications, which increases redundant data in the farm.  For example, different managers in the same organization use a SharePoint site to maintain official data associated with an SSP. This SSP is associated with different services, such as Search service, BDC service, and a user profile service. A project manager in this organization requests an exclusive user profile service to maintain project data security. To provide this, we first need to create a separate SSP for the project manager and then a separate service called user profile service - project name. Next, we need to associate the SSP with ...

Document Property disabled under Quick Parts in Word 2010

Document Property under Quick Parts sometimes appears grayed out or disabled in Word client and we can see that Compatibility mode written on the Word client on the top part. This happens because Word disables certain features to make our document compatible with previous versions of Office. To workaround we have to change the compatibility feature. To do that click File on the Word ribbon and select Info. Click on Convert button and click OK on the pop up message. This enables the disabled features and now we can access the Document Properties under Quick Part.